Welcome to PS20
The Anna Silver School
The Anna Silver School
Message from the Principal
The students at PS 20 are emerged in instruction and have begun working with our many art partnerships. The National Dance Institute (NDI) has begun working with our 4th graders to promote excellence in the arts (http://www.nationaldance.org). American Ballet Theater (ABT) is working with our 5th grade students to expose them to choreography and the art of Ballet dance. (http://www.abt.org/education/NYCschools/abtatschool.asp). Our younger students in Pre K and Kindergarten will soon begin work with Turtle Bay Music School.
There are so many ways that parents can volunteer at PS 20. Here are a few. If you are interested, reach out to Tina Mo, Ymo2@schools.nyc.gov.
Don't forget this Friday is Family Friday. All Families are welcomed up into the classrooms to participate and watch instruction first hand. Go upstairs at 8:20 with your child's class and begin the day together. Pre K Family Friday will begin at 8:50 after breakfast.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedure @ PS20
Arrival and Dismissal Times
7:45-8:15 Breakfast (all students)
8:00 Yard opens for (3-5th graders) Cafeteria (K-2nd) Auditorium (Pre K)
8:20 Instruction begins
2:40 Dismissal for all grades
Arrival Procedures for Students
- PreK students will enter through the front doors and go into the classroom with parents.
- Kindergarten through 2nd Grade students enter through the side door by the schoolyard and sit in the cafeteria with their class. We encourage all parents to let children enter independently. Staff are waiting to help them to their tables.
- 3rd through 5th Grade students enter the schoolyard and stand with their class outside. When it is raining, students will enter through the side door and wait in the auditorium.
Dismissal Procedures for Students
- PreK students will be picked up in classroom
- Kindergarten students will be dismissed at the gates on Essex Street.
- 1st through 5th Grade students will dismissed through the gate on Norfolk Street.
Safety Protocol @ PS 20
Interested in Joining the PS20 Community?
We still have PreK spots available for kids born in 2012.
We also have Kindergarten Dual Language spots available for kids born in 2011. Please see our
Parent Coordinator, Tina Mo, in the main office or call her at 212-254-9577 x104.
View the complete school year calendar.
Stay Up to Date
The PTA and PS20 both have important news for parents each week. School email comes from the Parent Coordinator, Tina Mo.
PTA news comes from the PTA email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that your child's teacher and the DOE may also send you notices
You'll find information about PS20, summer camps, after school programs, community social services and lots more. Stop by the Main Office and introduce yourself to our Parent Coordinator, Tina Mo.
YMO2@schools.nyc.gov or call 212-254-9577 x104.
Your Child, Your School, Your PTA!
Find out what fun things are planned and how you can get involved in the PTA. Meet the PTA parent leaders and learn about their roles and responsibilities. Click here to go to the PTA page.