Welcome to PS20
The Anna Silver School
The Anna Silver School
Message from the Principal
What an AMAZING Potluck Curriculum night! It was great to meet so many families. A first, of many times, we will be celebrating our community together. Don't forget this Friday is Family Friday, where all families are invited to their child's classroom first period (8:20-9:00) to experience instruction first hand. These events would not be possible without our incredible PTA. Think about joining our PTA this year to support upcoming events.
"Meet the Mandarin Team" will happen this Tuesday at 3 pm in the auditorium. Ask the principal and the Mandarin team questions about our dual language program. We also have our first School Leadership Team (SLT) meeting this week. We have open spots for both parents and staff. Contact the principal/assistant principal if interested.
Arrival and Dismissal Times
7:45-8:15 Breakfast (all students)
8:00 Yard opens for (3-5th graders) Cafeteria (K-2nd)
8:20 Instruction begins
2:40 Dismissal for all grades
Arrival Procedures for Students
- PreK students will enter through the front doors and go into the classroom with parents.
- Kindergarten through 2nd Grade students enter through the side door by the schoolyard and sit in the cafeteria with their class. We encourage all parents to let children enter independently. Staff are waiting to help them to their tables.
- 3rd through 5th Grade students enter the schoolyard and stand with their class outside. When it is raining, students will enter through the side door and wait in the auditorium.
Dismissal Procedures for Students
- PreK students will be picked up in classroom
- Kindergarten students will be dismissed at the gates on Essex Street.
- 1st through 5th Grade students will dismissed through the gate on Norfolk Street.
The Office of Safety and Youth Development is responsible for emergency readiness within the Department of Education. All staff, and students receive training in the GRP and drills are conducted at various times throughout the school year. Click below to read a summary of the General Response Protocol that is used if an incident results in an Evacuation, Shelter-In, or a Lockdown.
Interested in Joining the PS20 Community?
We still have PreK spots available for kids born in 2012.
We also have Kindergarten Dual Language spots available for kids born in 2011. Please see our
Parent Coordinator, Tina Mo, in the main office or call her at 212-254-9577 x104.
View the complete 2015-16 school year calendar.
Stay Up to Date
The PTA and PS20 both have important news for parents each week. School email comes from the Parent Coordinator, Tina Mo.
PTA news comes from the PTA email address: email@example.com. Note that your child's teacher and the DOE may also send you notices
You'll find information about PS20, summer camps, after school programs, community social services and lots more. Stop by the Main Office and introduce yourself to our Parent Coordinator, Tina Mo.
YMO2@schools.nyc.gov or call 212-254-9577 x104.
Your Child, Your School, Your PTA!
Find out what fun things are planned and how you can get involved in the PTA. Meet the PTA parent leaders and learn about their roles and responsibilities. Click here to go to the PTA page.